Annual Chamber-Sponsored Events
Mexico provides entertainment for the entire family! Below are a few of our annual events. For a full list of upcoming events in the area, see our monthly calendar
- Miss Missouri Scholarship Pageant: Held during the first full week in June at Missouri Military Academy, tickets for this event can be made by calling 800-581-2765 or visiting the Miss Missouri website.
- Farmers’ Market: The season runs from May through October. The market, held in Orscheln parking lot, is open Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. During abundant harvest, it is also open on Wednesdays from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Summer Concerts: Held on Tuesday evenings at Hardin Park, summer concerts take place from June through August. This year’s series features a variety of genres.
- Audrain County 4-H and Youth Fair: This event is held in July at the 4-H Fairgrounds.
- Soybean Festival: Hosted by the Mexico Jaycees is held in August on the Village Square, the event includes kid's activities, entertainment, craft and retail vendors and food.
- Country Fair / Walk Back in Time: This event is held during the last full weekend in September and takes place at the Audrain County Historical Society grounds. The event's highlight is an authentically recreated historical encampment. For more information, visit the Audrain County website.
- Festival of the Arts at Missouri Military Academy: The festival, traditionally held Mother’s Day weekend, features the Missouri Military Academy Band and Cadet Chorus, the Dramateers, and the Epple Art Show.
- Halloween Happening at Scattering Fork: Held in October, this event features haunted woods and a corn maze.
For additional information about any of the above programs or events, please contact the chamber at 573-581-2765